COURSE: Informational Interviews for Job Seekers
DIGITAL COURSE: Informational Interviews for Job Seekers
A step-by-step guide to help you contact the right people the right way and land your next job opportunity
If you have been avoiding informational interviews because you don’t know where to start, what to say, or how to reach out to strangers, this is the course for you.
INFORMATIONAL INTERVIEWS FOR JOB SEEKERS is for those of you who:
- Are exploring new careers and deciding what kind of job to do next
- Are looking for a new job but haven’t had much luck in the job search
- Have never done an informational interview and don’t know where to start
- Have tried some informational interviews, but they’re not working the way you wanted
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Find people to contact and their contact information
- Send your interview request with compelling messages others can’t resist
- Follow up on your requests with easy-to-follow templates
- Schedule your interviews easily and efficiently
- Prepare for your interviews with a list of sample questions
- Talk about your background and skills confidently and memorably
Informational interviews - where you speak to someone who is doing a job that interests you - can lead to important contacts at the companies where you want to work.
They can also lead to job interviews and sometimes job offers. I’ve seen it happen dozens of times before, and it can happen for you too.
Informational Interviews for Job Seekers is an easy-to-use course guiding you through every step of the informational interview process. You will learn about who to ask, how to ask, when to ask, and what to ask during your informational interviews so that you leave a great first impression with someone who is eager to help you with your job search. Click here to purchase the course for $95.
✔️ LESSON 1 Find People to Talk To: Use LinkedIn to find your ideal informational interview candidates
✔️ LESSON 2 LinkedIn Alumni Tool: Use LinkedIn to find fellow alumni who will help you
✔️ LESSON 3 Headspace Check-In: Overcome the fear, anxiety, and imposter syndrome that want to sabotage your success
✔️ LESSON 4 How to Find Contact Information: Find someone’s direct contact information, even those elusive email addresses
✔️ LESSON 5 How to Request an Informational Interview: Write a short, compelling message that will get you a positive response
✔️ LESSON 6 How to Follow Up on Your Request for an Informational Interview: Gently follow up on your requests using easy-to-follow templates
✔️ LESSON 7 Email Tips for Your Informational Interview Request: The best email strategies to get your message noticed, including when to send the email and what to write in the subject line
✔️ LESSON 8 How to Prepare for an Informational Interview Part 1: Which questions yield the best results, from insider information to reviewing your resume.
✔️ LESSON 9 How to Prepare for an Informational Interview Part 2: How to efficiently share your skills and what to do 24 hours before your interview
✔️ LESSON 10 During and After the Informational Interview: Make the most of the interview day and the first 24 hours afterward
Each lesson includes a 5-7 minute video, a transcript of the video, and a list of resources discussed in the video. (Total course run time = 60 minutes.) The entire course is available online immediately after your purchase.
Invest in your career with informational interviews
This course has all you need to complete informational interviews, but if you feel you need some accountability, guidance, and a little extra push, then you’ll want the HYBRID version of the course:
DIGITAL $95 - Instant access to the entire course to be completed at your own pace. Includes lifetime access to the course and all future updates.
HYBRID $295 - Everything in the DIGITAL course PLUS 4 weeks of 1:1 coaching. This includes four weeks of chatting with me in the client log AND 2x30 min coaching sessions over Zoom. I will be there with you to work through the course, proof your messages, advise on follow-ups, and provide that all-important accountability so you get it all done.
The #1 way to get a job is by using your network.
Informational Interviews for Job Seekers is actually Module #4 from my Find Your New Career Course. The information in this module is so useful and important I decided to pull it out as a standalone course for those of you who are actively job hunting and want an edge over the competition with informational interviews.
Learn how to network with confidence. If we know that informational interviews are important, why do you think we avoid them? Here are some common reasons I have heard:
- “Reaching out to strangers is scary! I don’t want to do it.”
- “What if I don’t hear back?
- “Who is going to help me? Why would anyone help me?”
- “I don’t know who to contact.”
- “I found people to contact, but how do I reach out to them?”
- “I reached out to people, but I’m not hearing back. What should I do?”
- “How do I do an informational interview, what do I say?”
I have seen 1,500+ informational interviews over the years, and they are the single most rewarding (and scary) step for a job seeker. Every person I have advised about informational interviews inevitably says, “Thank you for pushing me to do this. I didn’t want to do it, and now I’m so glad I did.”
Here are some quotes I’ve heard after a successful informational interview:
- “It was awesome! We talked forever!”
- "It was so rewarding to connect and learn from them."
- “That was - no exaggeration - life-changing!”
- “I am so glad I did this. I’m ready for more.”
- “She told me to come by the office and say hello!”
- “He said he'd give my resume on to the hiring manager!”
- “She said they'd connect me with their boss!”
- “She offered me a job!”
- "Reaching out to others really does pay off."
And soon you’ll be saying this too! By enrolling in this course, you will learn all the secrets to conducting successful informational interviews.
Network your way to a new job
Informational interviews are a great way to get connected to the people at the companies where you want to work. Get an edge over the competition - meet people who can tell you about their job, their company, their boss, and offer to pass your resume on to the hiring manager (or better yet, you could reach out directly to the hiring manager). Informational Interviews for Job Seekers makes it easy to connect, just follow the templates and step-by-step advice.
What does the digital course include?
- 10 lessons accessible online and at your own pace.
- Each lesson includes a video, a transcript of the video, and a list of resources discussed in the video.
- Each video is 5-10 minutes long, and you can control the speed of the video and turn on or off the captions.
How long does this course take to complete?
- The total course run time is one hour. You will have all the information you need at that point. However, it takes a few weeks to complete informational interviews. Expect 1-2 weeks of reaching out and following up, and another 1-2 weeks to schedule and conduct the informational interviews. (That’s why the “hybrid” version of this course offers 1:1 coaching for four weeks, so you have my support throughout the entire process.)
When will I lose access to the course?
- Never! You get lifetime access to the digital course materials, including all future updates.
- If you choose the "hybrid" option, that includes four weeks of 1:1 coaching. The 1:1 coaching begins on your purchase date and ends four weeks later. See more details below.
What does the course cost?
- “Digital” $95 - Instant access to the course - the videos, resource lists, and transcripts - for you to complete at your own pace. Includes lifetime access to course material and all future updates.
- “Hybrid” $295 - Everything in the “Digital” course PLUS 1:1 coaching. With 1:1 coaching, I will be there with you as you work through the course for four weeks. See details below.
What does 1:1 coaching include?
- 1:1 coaching runs for four weeks, starting from your purchase date. This includes two 30-minute sessions over Zoom (scheduled at your convenience) and four weeks of 1:1 messaging in a private client log.
- As you work through the course, I will answer your questions, offer guidance, and provide that all-important accountability. This format is called a “hybrid course,” and studies have shown that hybrid courses are more effective and get better results than “digital-only” courses.
- Through this course and 1:1 coaching, you will be fully prepared and confident to request interviews with the top VIPs for your career.
NO RISKS. ALL REWARDS.
It's time to switch strategies in your job search. Stop applying to jobs from the outside and make some connections on the inside. Informational Interviews get it done and this course will show you how.
Get started today for $95 (digital course only) or $295 (digital course + 1:1 coaching).